Tucson College’s Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
Paying for tuition is a worry for many students at nearly every college and university in the country. Fortunately, we know how important it is to get financial aid to help pay for your education and the start of your new future.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Funding sources include scholarships, grants and military benefits. In order to find out how much financial aid you qualify for, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Below are the financial aid eligibility requirements:
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You must be enrolled in an approved degree, diploma or certificate program like those offered at Tucson College.
- If you are male, you must be registered with the Selective Service.
- You must have a valid Social Security card (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
- You must sign certifying statements on the FAFSA stating that you are not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe a refund on a federal grant, and that you will use the federal student aid only for your education.
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout your program.
In order to be eligible for financial aid, you must also meet one of the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a United States national
- Have a green card
- Have an arrival-departure record
- Have Battered Immigrant status
- Have a T-Visa, or have parent with a T-1 Visa
If you meet the above requirements, then you are ready to begin the FAFSA process, which gives you the opportunity to receive money to pay for your education. You can begin filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at FAFSA.gov.
If you aren’t sure if you meet the financial aid eligibility requirements, or if you have any questions, we are here to help. You can visit our Financial Services page, or you can call our Student Loan Help Center at 866.882.2586 and we can help you complete the FAFSA.